Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Enabling Intelligence Whether Biological Or Otherwise

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Not On Your Life on June 3, 2003 21:50:15 UTC

Hi Paul,
"Since some modern objects have characteristics and properties that might have been unimaginable to earlier philosophers, do modern philosophers re-read earlier works with some of these modern examples in mind?"

Right on. They could. It is a rich frontier of the mind, expecially since philosophers are patient investigators of arcane meanings. They could reassess the analogies, metaphors and
all the explanations which formed subunits of philosophical treatises.

I will soon have a website which will
self-parody its own difficulty producing
humorous approaches to the deepest
mysteries. It will not be anything
like those subgenius.com sites because
it will not be sarcastic or clever in the
usual sense. If the website I am making were a character on Gilligan's Island, it would be
the theme song. This will be its only advertisement in the near future on this forum. So you are invited to check my
website in a couple of days at www.geocities.com/earthinspace2002
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins