Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Nothingness Cannot Be Measured, Even With The Label Of Zero

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.sofir on April 10, 2000 03:41:22 UTC

I agree with all above except for the void willing a material reality, which I believe has always existed. I think we are talking about the same (non)thing, and that terminology is something that must be created, which is one thing you are striving to do. I had a problem with this before and asked for advice on the terminology problem on this forum, I will look it up and reread it, that was during one of the times I experianced something similar to what you described as the Taoist Void, epilepsy, and shattering of the mind when returning to the dualistic reality...
Anyhow, I think this area of discussion holds alot of potential for another step in our search for understanding of reality. I will go tommorow and check out a book on quarks, I am already biased towards it being part of the nothingness which permeates all places because it is an expression which can be percieved/measured, thus it has properties and is a form of matter even though they are intricately related to achive reality (meaning that IF one or the other could exist without the counterpart, the reality of itself would be different than it is now) or be dependent upon eachother. I guess quarks and the nuclear strong force could be a result of the harmony or connection of the relationship of nothingness and matter, which can only be expressed through the properties of matter since nothingness has none, thus giving us an affermation that nothingness exists(not) even though it is expressed through matter`s physical reaction to it (Nothingness).
Thanks, I am enjoying this discussion :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins