Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Check My Comment To Yanniru.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on June 3, 2003 02:43:19 UTC

Hi Tim,

I found your post down below and I think we are pretty close to being on the same wavelength. I think you are referring to what I am calling the "pipeline" as a fundamental transform. Read my comment to Yanniru and let me know if it makes sense to you.

Yes, my father sure praised the one room school. According to him, you started school in the front row and when the teacher was satisfied, you moved back a row. Every day, she taught from the front row back (making sure the youngest ones had work to keep them busy). By the time you got to the back, you had heard everything at least a dozen times including all the questions the older kids asked.

The other advantage was that the teacher knew everyone quite well and had them well in line before they were big enough to confront her physically. (Of course, back in those days, a teacher could pretty well beat a kid if she had to, the parents would probably beat him again before they would complain.)

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins