Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That's Right Richard

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on June 2, 2003 00:11:52 UTC

We all know that you graduated from Harvard with your Ph.D. in physics (mathematical physics, right?). No one should doubt your career successes. Dick didn't even bother finding discoveries with his equations. He simply achieved the answers of others before him and considered that as his personal success. Too bad none of his physics training was ever put to good use. It seems that his thesis advisor really tried to help Dick Stafford. He was apparently a talented young physics grad student probably too smart for his own good. Obviously the young Dick Stafford had issues and for the most part has made it through life with his defenses up and his intellectual abilities keeping him in the ring so to speak. The guy is brilliant, no doubt about that. I just think its a shame that his earlier childhood raising couldn't have been shaped a little differently so that this great talent could have been better directed. But, I like Dick, he's a good guy and enjoy debating with him. I just think its a shame sometimes that he didn't pursue real physics rather than get caught up in whatever this is. It's certainly not science.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins