Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Job...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bruce on June 1, 2003 20:38:09 UTC

Harv
Dick trolls you. He always says 'Harv doesn't understand' rather than 'Harv disagrees'. I suspect you understand this and enjoy the discourse that results from Dick's troll. I asked Dick to make a prediction wrt several upcoming experiments and also asked Dick to what journals he submitted his work. He chooses to ignore such requests [even though he claims his model is predictive and that he was refused publication in reputable journal]. This makes a difference to me and most likely to any reputable scientist. Other things which make a difference:
Dick's frequent references to 'universal' reality and truth.
Dick's refusal to learn what the purpose of a theoretical model is.
Dick's need to disparage the work of scientists in the preface of his work [such as claiming Einstein made a mistake 'a high school student wouldn't make' with the way Einstein modeled time in relativity {further confirming that Dick doesn't understand the purpose of theoretical scientific models}].
Those are pretty basic conceptual blunders on Dick's part. The first two because they show he is clueless wrt the purpose of scientific research and the last because he appears to want to be rebuked rather than read.

On a personal level
Dick's need to disparage everybody with his 'top of the board comments' [even though he comes here for acceptance?] define his arrogance.
Keep up the good work.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins