Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Very Interesting

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on May 29, 2003 02:38:26 UTC

Kyle,

i especially liked the "grand incubator" part.
the scenerio gives a purpose to the universe. it all takes a long time though doesn't it. well, Rome wasn't built in a day as is said. this perspective does provide an idea of how we measure up with respect to some godlike being.
with universe after universe having to come into being and all of the physics on a cosmic scale not to mention the micro state of the quantum scale being involved in this "birthing" of finally something godlike.
so i wonder what this scenerio might mean to us now. each of us i believe senses in their own life a rather miraculous enigma taking place. i guess it all adds up to making the whole idea just that much more dramatic and awe inspiring.
something i think that is missing in your post are the actual attributes such godlike creatures might possess other than a nearly omnipotent ability to manipulate physics. also one wonders if at some point the meta-consciousness might become so adept at physics that the whole "birthing" process might be skipped via some shortcut process of who knows what.
well i've rambled enough, again your post was most remarkable.

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins