Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You're Technically Right...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on May 28, 2003 18:02:02 UTC

But when speaking about the existence of a God and the opposite of goodness (sin and evil) I don't think we should get bogged down in technical terms like "hot" and "cold". It's not the exact scientific meaning of "hot" and "cold" that matters, but rather the point was a symbolic reference to the relationship between hot and cold. So your argument is valid I must say, but it side-steps the message of the student's argument: evil doesn't exist, God exists and in his absence you'll find sin. Energy exists, and in its absence you find a void (cold and dark).

So did God create evil? Well getting away from scientific definitions, it can be shown with what I think to be a witty argument but perhaps not scientific, that God is not evil. It still can't be proven, and can be debated forever, but I thought the point was pretty well driven home.

Good post Mike.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins