Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry, Sagfrog, Whoami Can't Come To The Phone Right Now...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Not On Your Life on May 28, 2003 15:38:30 UTC

"for consistency?"
Hi Tim,
Your post was interesting the first time,
but it seemed very telling to me that you did not
take the issue further into that discussion
of dualism vs. non-dualism which was asked
of you. It was also unclear why your title to
this post ended with "for consistency" and apparently addressed me but made a funny joke of my name (ha ha!).
Yes, mathematicians may discuss things that
logically may not exist together, and that does
not make me uncomfortable. What is more troubling is that demagogues, whether religious or anti-religious, have used the realm of
God and Science to impose preposterous notions for worldly gain, when arguably, God and Science ought, by conscience, to be left clear of deliberate fraud so that difficult, complicated, sacred matters such as justice, sustainability, community and individual freedom of conscience may be considered by such frail mortals as we all are, without the distractions
of antagonistic fraud. As for your reference to neutrality... is it to be assumed that because you are descended from Swiss ancestry, that you have inherited some privileges as an unbiased judge in matters of logical rigor?
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins