Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fallacies Are Interesting, But Does Anyone Comprehend?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Not On Your Life on May 28, 2003 08:28:03 UTC

smartguy wrote:
"This is not necessarily my take on the subject or my new opinion. I just found the answer pretty cool and interesting."

Hot and cold are both archaic terms in
scientific analysis. There is no duality on this. Energy is quantifiable. Hot and cold are not ends of a continuum, nor are they true opposites in physical science. You can call
something hot if it is one degree above absolute zero, or you can call something cold if it is merely less energetic than the heaving solar sea around it. Hot and cold are not relevant terms when discussing things which have a dual nature.

It is not enough, when proposing a theory of everything, to demonstrate that someone else
is proceeding on fallacious assumptions. One must guard against them one's self.

M

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins