Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Metaphysics And Entangled Particles

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on April 8, 2000 22:21:07 UTC

I am not a scientist, however the issue sounds facinating. What are the photons supposed to be entangled with exactly? If the photon was missing in earlier experiments, could it have been possibly hidden in the cavity you speak of?
I thought that photons moved at the speed of light and that a point could be shared by many photons of differing frequencies but not the same frequencies? Do not xrays pass through matter and thus briefly occupy the same points as other particles? I thought actual teleportation was impossible, but did think that something similar could be accompished: the movement of an object which is kept fully intact and moved whole at the speed of light to another location, and encapsulated withing specific fields of wavelengths to enable what is contained to pass through solid objects without damage. What are those things that are so hard to sense because they pass through virtually anything, like one in the end of a pi actually strike an object and is able to be detected? That would be a good encapulating wave field. Intresting stuff, if only I could digest and comprehend it! :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins