Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on May 26, 2003 02:58:33 UTC

I thank you for your insight. I was asking indirectly in reference to the canadian incidenct. After I found out that they decriminalized small amounts of pot, I started asking around people I work with, and almost all of them smoke marijuana. My mother and alot of her friends(and neighbors) smoke, so do about half of my friends. It just occured to me that most of the people I know smoke weed. I overheard some politician saying that it was "dangerous that the youth in society are using it so much" on tv and couldn't believe that someone had said it was actually dangerous!

It may be, but I just took the TABC test(which is government law to pass to serve alcohol), and I was told that a half of a million traffic accidents occur a year due to alcohol. I also learned that about twenty-five thousand people die each year due to alcohol-related traffic accidents. I saw one year recently that less than 100 deaths occured that year due to marijuana-related traffic accidents.

So, which is more dangerous?

Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins