Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Tough, Tough Questions...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on May 24, 2003 21:10:45 UTC

And I am in no way an authority on the subject. I'm simply someone trying to make sense of it all and learn just as we all are doing. So let me see if I can even begin to draft a worthwhile argument to your above post...

(Bear in mind that I have already struggled with these questions and I have yet to put them behind me. So I'm about to debate against that which I haven't been able to understand or at least come up with an acceptable and comfortable answer.) Let's see where this goes...

>>Well, bear in mind that the omnipotent Lord created the fake friends to begin with. He could just as easily have created a universe in which all His creations were worthy of his favor. If God is the original source of all things, he is the original source of evil, as well as good.>How important is faith to you in your view? Do you think only members of a certain faith are allowed into paradise?>No-one is perfect. Everyone has traces of evil in them. Thus, if any human enters heaven as he is, heaven becomes less than perfect. It's just a matter of degree.>The test is rigged. If God is truly omnipotent and omniscient (i.e. knows the future), he knows from the beginning who will and who will not pass the test. He creates human beings with certain traits and flaws, knowing the choices they will make as a result of those traits. By what right does he hand out rewards and punishments to those who are nothing more than what they were created to be? A set, knowable future and free-will are mutually exclusive.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins