Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yea, Verily

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 23, 2003 23:07:32 UTC

~~"The point is that any argument can be reduced to a play with words."

My arguments with you tend to get to that point pretty fast, though.

~~"If you follow that line of thinking, you will end up "discovering" that unicorns also exist."~~

They exist as concepts, and these concepts are (in my opinion) rooted in the physical world in the form of brain matter. Or, in dark matter if Yanniru's theory on axions is valid.

Can we agree that outside of the human imagination, at the very least, existence and physicality are one and the same?

~~"Don't be fooled by your own naivete Mario, people far smarter than you and I have been debating those questions for centuries and they still do not know the answers."~~

Sure. I'm not claiming to have the answers, I just like talking about what I think about the questions thus far. I have no formal education in philosophy and very little informal, and a genuine philosopher would probably tear me to bits (or at least, his argument would be indecipherable and would just leave me scratching my head), but that doesn't mean I should shut up.... ya learn by doing!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins