Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Don't Doubt It Is A Good Book. As For Your Question(s)...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Not On Your Life on May 23, 2003 00:24:59 UTC

Hi Kyle
You asked:
"What's your problem?"
Sorry I could not answer sooner. It was difficult to log on in some of my other names
which include :
something, kantolfir2, carefuluniverse, quiet, spazcon and a few others. (but I'm not Harv, Aurino, Stormcrow, Yanniru, Dr. Dick, Ezekiel, or any of those Creationist guys...)
Kyle, the question is too vague.
My post was vague but it was specific than your response. Sorry about all the typos in the original post.

Kyle wrote:
"Why is it oppressive?"

Hi Kyle. Why "it" is oppressive -- good question! If you mean the "bull-oney" (for that is where I used the word "oppressive"... it is, more accurately stated, "oppressive" in the sense that these streams of pretentious
metaphysics, costumed up as science, have shown no ability to address the physical world problems which have been posed on this list:
1) Population crises
2) Ecological crises
3) Political crises
4) Funding crises
5) Questions of Spiritual Ethics etc.

Folks will perish in part because the bull-oney
covered the fact that both "God and Science" (as represented here) are almost oblivious to real-world problems. I was not looking for re

Kyle wrote:
"I think you have a lot of misguided anger in you."
Maybe you meant that was true if I was attacking that book. Otherwise, I think you have no basis for the statement, and I was not attacking the book.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins