Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Neo, Faith In The Messiah, And The Prophecies...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on May 20, 2003 23:15:40 UTC

I felt a bit uncomfortable in that I had just read the Holy Bible front to back recently (yes it did take awhile) and then went and saw this movie.

Christianity makes you feel guilty for questioning your faith. I believe in the validity of the scriptures but I like how the oracle put it to Neo when he asked how do I know if I can trust you. She looked him in the eye and said "you can't!, all you can do is decide for yourself whether you want to accept or reject what I'm going to tell you."

For anybody that's read the bible, you know that it attests to its own truthfullness and that those who dont accept its word are damned to eternal torture. I guess I can only decide for myself whether to accept or reject "what it is about to tell me" and HOPE I'm right.

The word of God (the Architect), written and passed down by man, do you accept or reject?

The bible says that those who accept its word will be spiritualy awakened (hmmmm... Matrix) and know "the truth".

I was actualy very uncomfortable during that movie, and very quiet too...

But I must say I liked it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins