Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Suspend Judgement Suggestion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on May 17, 2003 07:06:42 UTC

Hi Harv,

Please consider carefully the situation here.

You may have insufficient information, so could be making a judgement in say rather a vacuum here?

I have not published my main findings; I suggest people could suspend judgement till such time as that might occur!

Guess could remember too that Dirac is reputed to have said to someone in a conference in the context of someone suggesting "crazy ideas": but "is it crazy enough?" !

Here is an idea:

Do you think maybe it is possible at times to be over-awed by the experts? Do people write themselves off as "cannot play physics with the big boys"?

I was pleased that phD Dr. Stafford actually talked to me, an amateur; surely many of us amateurs are in danger of being over-awed by the qualified?

Please Harv; amateurs could do it (play physics with the big boys); I could do it; please consider that possibility!

I agree that with the limited information I have given it may look like "my imagination running wild": to some extent that is exactly what it is: I DELIBERATELY let it run wild IN A PARTICULAR WAY; by allowing ideas to meet freely in my mind WITHOUT RESTRICTION other than FAITH IN GOD (in conciousness, freedom, the law of non-contradiction, in love, in being and letting be)
I discovered many things.

Yes it is extraordinary; in a certain sense your perceptions are very accurate. I let my imagination "run wild" (and yet I didn't really; I retained responsibility).

Severe consequences? That is obvious. Correct!

I am aware some people "humour" alleged nuts; this appears to be dishonest, condascending, and patronising; though probably well-intentioned.

So I appreciate your frankness; I hope you can please open your eyes and see that my openness to argument and politeness (I hope) in the face of very severe criticism is itself evidence I am not the nut you probably don't really want to paint me as!

Peace.

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins