Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Welcome

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on May 15, 2003 21:51:36 UTC

I have thought heavily about this:

***This suggests to me that God may indeed
supercede mathematical equations if God
installed or composed them in the first place.***

The danger I see in this view is that we are stuck here in this general logical scheme by which we live and survive in the world, yet this is the same scheme in which we come to believe in God. To say that God supercedes it suggests, I think, that all the reasons that we come to believe in God are all created by him in the first place (which this idea itself is based on our logical conceptual scheme). It is horribly self-referential, don't you think?

I think the mistake we might make is that we divide up the world into logical components (God, world, reality, math, logic, etc), and these compenents make sense for our survival, but maybe this is only for our own advantage. Maybe everything is just one 'lump of something' and we and the universe, etc are all part of that 'lump of something' which even includes our logical conceptual scheme. Trying to get to the foundation of this 'lump of something' is grand and all, but it might be a hopeless endeavor to come to fixed answers since in order for their to be a foundation to the 'lump of something' it would need to be a component of the 'lump of something' and that compenent is itself only a part of the 'lump of something' as it exists in its wholeself.

Of course, I'm using my logical conceptual scheme to form even this view, so I'm bound to be limited by whatever limitations that I do not know of that are binding to me and my logic schemes - darn it! The whole thing is a mystery.... Have a good weekend Mike.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins