Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Problem Cannot Answer Your Question...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on May 14, 2003 05:53:16 UTC

It was made to where, in general, it is impossible to tell. I suppose speed of computation would be much slower for the human, and humans are likely to screw up (but it seems as if it is assumed in the model that it is assumed that the calculations are correct, and that time is not a factor). Other than that, I see nothing. Humans cannot handle simple tasks such as that one as easily and perfectly as computers. Humans do far more calculations than are needed to perform the task, resulting in slow performance and unreliable accuracy. The computer performs extremely few calculations, but has a much higher accuracy... but, of course, you knew all of that. The model merely demonstrates that 1 + 1 equals 2, regardless of what makes the calculation.

Computers and Humans have two different operating systems. They will probably only be the same in research I predict, because once we get the processing power of a Huiman brain in a computer, we will have made a much more efficient operating system (without emotions, will, etc.).

That is, unless this is a trick question... in which case, I am wrong... I am only Human!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins