Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: What Exactly Is Meant By Proof? (kinda To Several Posts)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on April 5, 2000 16:17:45 UTC

I know that in my search for god, I never got to meet it, I tried pretty hard to make some form of contact but was always dissapointed. There were some times when I drove myself into a spiritual frenzy and allowed my emotions to heighten to levels which produced drugs in my body, and I felt something I had not felt before, but after long consideration and experimentation I have discovered that all these things are from within and have nothing to do with an external source other than the concepts taught to me of there being such a force to connect with (Spiritual).
So, I do not believe in a god, AND, if one does exist, it is not concered with me on a level in which it would direct its attention towards me,
thus, if it exists, I still have no use for it.
There are drugs which are external to the human body which can produce such real effects that one might believe to have otherworldly/spiritual experances with all the senses, some even use these drugs in an attempt to alter the plane in which they live so that they may connect, and if they chose to believe it, delude themselves.
As far as atheists claiming to be god, or having replaced it, I do not know of any who place themselves on a level of what a god is supposed to be, but they do however understand that given the situation where god does not exist, they are all they have, so must take control of thier own affairs, not leaving explainations of thier life happenings to an external source of reasoning.
And (from another post) to replace god would make it necessary for there to have been a god in the first place, so I believe we have only replaced an external creationist, authoritive, controling and judgmental system of explaining reality and purpose for ourselves with a life view which takes into account things which can be shown, understood, expained and accepted without a need for faith in things which are professed by those who cannot prove them, and who used to force thier theories by violence, death and fear.
Nature is violent in many ways, but overall it is a wonderful system which works well for life.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins