Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Is The First One You Ever Responded To

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 8, 2003 17:34:22 UTC

Our disagreements - yanniru - November 30, 2001 - 15:55 UTC
1. Nature does not contain non-existence. If I am wrong, please give an example of a part of nature that does not exist.

2. I do not think a Creator is needed to create existence, or even to choose forms.

It could all happen automatically in accordance with the mathematics that is common to all universes.

So there is no necessary condition for a Creator either revealed in science or in scripture.

If you know of a necessary condition from scripture, please advise me. By scripture, I mean statements specifically dictated by god or a god-like human like Jesus. The Genesis stories are the product of Rabbis. They were told by Moses but not written down by him. There is no evidence that the Genesis story was dictated to Moses from god, as the laws of Moses were. There is evidence that those stories existed before the time of Moses.

However, I do think a supernatural exists and that it is populated but some intelligent beings, and that some of them have superior intelligence, but that none are all-powerful. They are dependent on us, perhaps more than we are dependent on them. Evidence for this is the statement of Mary that if enough people say the rosary everyday, she will be able to convert Russia back to Christianity. So she needs our energy to make things happen on earth- hardly an all-powerful, creator god.

Anxious for your reply,

Richard
--------------------------------

I did not mean to make you anxious - carefuluniverse - December 4, 2001 - 02:08
But I rather enjoy it. Please forgive me for prolonging.
One key: throughout my posts, one rule seems most important to me: if we have not defined our terms precisely, there is no point arguing. You might be using the word with a subtly different
meaning. In math, such differences are certainly significant.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins