Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: God Loves All

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on April 4, 2000 02:21:45 UTC

I believe you are a little confused in your use of strict terminology, an athiest can ask as many questions about god as he or she wishes and still be an athiest, where is the line? We as human beings constantly question our life view and with the new information from the questions adjust this view, weakening, strengthening, or as in alot of new information which is not understandable or usable, stay the same until new info is available to make movement within ones life view, this can be done in buildups as well.
Say I gain new info but is unusable at this time, and later new info adds to this to make the old usable, and then it is possible to produce change.
An agnostic is one who does not wish to profess adhearance to a set of beliefs, this is an acceptable way of saying:
"I do not know and am unwilling to
state a belief at this moment in time"
Also some do not think it will ever be within thier capabilities to understand enough about the universe to know one way or another about gods existance or non-existance. There are many other reasons that could be given for this self-term.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins