Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Law-Dee -Daw, Law- Dee-Daw

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on May 3, 2003 17:10:16 UTC

"who does not "really" deserve these rights?"

Tim wrote:
"in my opinion:
The ignorant, abusive, illogical pervaders of religious or atheistic totalitarianism.
Their cowering flocks of misguided team players.
neo-nazi type folk
terrorist types
hate mongers
chronic criminals
drug addicts that would as soon kill for a $20 fix as work for it.
these types come to mind"

Tim, I cannot dress it up graciously right now for lack of time, so I will blurt out this
alternate view:
these rights must be firm and universal -- yes, conditional and revocable in extraordinary short term situations following fair process for determining when those rights may be abridged
...we cannot just take away the rights
without due process or precedent of this causes the rights to cease to exist for the innocent.
Some of those folks' abberations are CAUSED by already having had their rights violated when you or I were not looking, so to speak.
I agree we cannot trust some folks with the same
privileges...but the ideal is that their rights are still there, but temporarily abridged for legally demonstrated cause. Agree?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins