Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Aha!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on May 1, 2003 01:05:17 UTC

allow a small quote sir:
"I believe thinking on a conscious level is the only level that can be called thinking.
I believe subconscious thinking has no meaning."

i have to say i believe exactly the opposite, but i do recognize the need for conscious reasoning.
haven't you ever had an aha(!) experience that has provided a solution to a problem that for all your conscious pondering you were unable to solve?

i can distinctly remmember in third grade, during math class my teacher presenting methods of solving problems, then posing problems and asking us to solve them. i'd sit there and never take pencil to paper, the teacher would ask me why i wasn't doing anything. i'd then give her the correct answer to the problem. her response would be, that is correct but how did you get it? truly i don't believe i knew but i did know it was'nt by the methods she had just showed us. i was only vaguely aware of portions of reasoning flickering into my consciousness and a sort of affirmation from myself with respect to those reasonings, then finally the answer which i would also affirm.

regards, tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins