Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To James Carville ! And Others!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on May 1, 2003 00:02:38 UTC

I have just been in the local Peace Cafe and
there is a book about the United States in the world. It documents U.S. aggressiveness in the world during the past century. This is a question
for the God and Science forum:

Should we give credence to any political essay which does not attempt to present, with clear and balanced logic, both sides of the
issues it addresses?

Strictly accurate reporting, with no persuasion, is vital in science and math. The book I cite above blames "Anglo Americans" for all the problems. Is that strictly accurate? Of course not.

I am a fan of Mark Twain; I openly criticized U.S. policy in Vietnam and Iraq while though I agreed with U.S. intervention in some ways. And I do believe in regional self-determination in great degree. I agree with the general intention of the UN Declaration of Human Rights. Therefore, I am not a strong militarist for U.S. imperialism.
Still...
Is there another side to the question? I also notice that the opposition to the United States in other countries sometimes offer, as an alternative, religious government which is quite antithetical to science and the truth as I honestly comprehend it.
IT WOULD BE AN ANTI-SCIENCE WORLD if they prevailed. The essence of
It is my sober estimate that such demagogues would attempt to extend their skewed logical influence to my country.

James Carville sent me an email.
In it, there was a hot link on this question:
"Why are you sitting out one of the most critical fights we Democrats have ever faced? Unless the Democratic Party's records are wrong, we're now almost halfway through the year and you haven't renewed your DNC membership."

I tried to answer his question by pressing the hot link. But the page only offered me the chance to give money.
I have very little money and the Democrats did not help heal the damage to my career and financial life which was done by the State of Washington at Eastern Washington University.
So, Jim, there's your answer.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins