Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Stuff Is Just Entirely Outside Your Comprehension!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on April 25, 2003 21:32:06 UTC

Harv,

I have read the paper and there is nothing in there applicable to what I have presented. The entire discussion concerns conscious decision making under the unsupported assumption that the subconscious world model being used as a basis for the representation is valid. There is utterly no discussion at all of the accomplishments of the subconscious mind. It is as if the entire issue is taken as a given; something provided by God and requiring no thought.

As I have said before, almost all intellectuals overestimate their ability to think things out on a conscious level to such a great extent as to be almost ludicrous. This whole paper presents every issue discussed as if all these decisions are conscious decisions based on valid (but completely unexamined) foundations. By doing so they utterly omit any consideration of the impact of subconscious abilities on their conclusions implying that they believe the impact of those unexplained abilities are insignificant.

I am afraid you have no comprehension that the problem I have solved even exists.

I am truly sorry about that as I really think you might have some important things to say if you did understand it.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins