Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Die Wahrheit/la Verita/la Verdad/...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 25, 2003 15:32:25 UTC

Harv,

I believe there's something very important that you do not understand:

" I think the concept of truth is important to humans. "

What is that supposed to mean? Sure, truth may not be important to a horse, a virus, a stone, or a god. But you and I are human; we are not horses, viruses, stones, or gods. I don't care about what's important to those things, I only care about what's important to humans, for the very simple fact that what is not important to humans is not important to me!

And would you please stop calling it ipsi-duda? How old are you, four?

" The question is does our concept of truth approach the truth that may or may not regulate the fundamental structures of the universe? "

There is no truth that regulates the fundamental structures of the universe! Truth is a fundamental attribute of any sentence in English, as much as Wahrheit is a fundamental attribute of any sentence in German. There is no more to it and no less! Stars, planets, objects, atoms, those things don't speak any language!

Are you familiar with logical positivism or not?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins