Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry About That!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on April 25, 2003 14:34:20 UTC

Mike,

You make it quite clear that you feel the developments of your mental image of the universe after you learned to read were significant compared to the development of your mental image of the universe prior to learning to walk. Thus you display exactly the bias I complained about when I said, "almost all intellectuals overestimate their ability to think things out on a conscious level to such a great extent as to be almost ludicrous. Secondly they, at the very same time, underestimate the abilities of their subconscious to create ideas (I would say to think) so much as to paint the idea as insignificant." This is an exact analysis of your response to my post.

I do not believe you have any concept of exactly how much you allow your mind to run the same way as your body runs. You underestimate the abilities of your subconscious so much as to paint the idea as insignificant.

Mike I am afraid that what I am talking about is simply beyond your comprehension.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins