Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Inconsistency Is No Hobgoblin For Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on April 13, 2003 01:29:35 UTC

Mike,
i think you truly understand me. how you came to realize that nconsistency is no hobgoblin for me is a mystery to me, but you are certainly correct.

well any way, perhaps my idea is not so incoherent after all.
you stated my idea in your own words quite coherently.
as quoted below:
Mike wrote:
"So, you say God doesn't take sides and we must each decide whether to be on God's side or not."

the only reservation i have with respect to your understanding of my idea is your use of the word must. i believe we have free will so i'd rather think that it is up to us to decide.

are you familiar with a little country called Switzerland? it is the land of my ancestry. they are kind of famous for being a neutral country. you know they don't take sides. can you think of any nations that sided with Switzerland during wwwII ? i can't.

regards, tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins