Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Game

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on April 11, 2003 04:02:05 UTC

Mike,
i suspect entropy may play a part in the break down that often takes place in communications.
i also believe that one of the special things about people is that we have the ability to take a system that with out our husbandry would naturally subcumb to entropy but with our stewardship can be made to behave in a different way than if it was just left to run it's natural course. this is not to say that entropy in the final analysis doesn't get it's way, it does but at least we have the ability to direct the action a bit. so inherent tendency to dissipate in our communication or not i do believe that we can master decoherence in at least some of the instances that it may occur.
i for one do not in the least mind critical analysis of any idea that i put forth. actually i welcome it, fore as you say "Being able to learn,
we are better able to do so if we are able to
freely abandon any incoherent idea."
with respect to our earlier discussion i'll make one more attempt. perhaps you know the fable or what ever it was of the three blind men whose task it was to describe an elephant. the one who stood next to the front of the elephant steadfastly believed that an elephant could be described as a long wiggly hose, the one who stood next to the elephant's leg steadfastly believed that an elephant could be described as a tall tree trunk and the one who stood at the rear of the elephant steadfastly believed that an elephant could be described as a swinging rope.
each was able to descibe a part of the elephant that was fairly accurate in part, but as a whole description of the elephant each was hopelessly lost.
by analogy this is how i believe mankind, and individual members of mankind (myself included:)
get a view of the nature of God. by our nature we are incapable of knowing the nature of God but we are never the less free to speculate about various infinitesimally miniscule features of God. and who knows we might just guess those features correctly or at least come up with some reasonable facsimile of some feature of God.

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins