Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Interesting Thoughts, Please Forgive This Short Responce...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on April 10, 2003 03:59:45 UTC

During your discussion, I was reminded of of reason I'm not interested in religion much anymore. In the 10 Commandments, it is stated that "Thou shalt not kill." Look at our military, and the militaries of the world for that matter. They kill. They try to justify it, but they are stoill killing. I am surely not against the military, in fact, I wanted very much to get into the military... but I recently found out that I have Asthma (which is an "immediate and permanent disqualifier"). I agree with what they are doing, however, I do not agree with the Christian and other religious persons going to war to kill. They do not know what they are doing, they don't understand. I also disagree with the people on the sides of a war saying to their respective troops the equivalent of "God Bless Our Troops!" or "May God Be With Our Troops!" Noone can control God, and yet no matter what side a country is on, their population is always chanting for God (or their respetive god) to be with their country and troops. They are sitting at home watching TV all day and saying that stuff, but not helping with food or human services? Troops need more than just spiritual support. Telling a troop "God Bless You!" helps that person greatly, but it only covers a small section of the person's needs. I look at it as pure laziness. They think praying for them is OK, even when its the only thing they do. If its the only thing they can do, its perfectly alright, but if a person is going to support a war, they should support it. Also, I don't believe anyone should protest a war in progress, it helps noone. It demoralizes troops, making them wonder about what they are fighting for. Its like buying sock on margin, a person uses God's word in vein (for the destruction and killing of others). They pay for service with power that is not theirs. Whose side is God on? Is God on a side? Noone knows if God exists, how are we suppossed to know the answers to those questions? It is impossible for anyone o know, and anyone who thinks they know are just as stupid as the rest of us. They think they are smart, but the joke's on them... we are all stupid. Who knows, maybe God was on Hitler's side... he was able to brainwash so many people, and kill millions. If God was not on Hitler's side, then why would (S)He let him kill all the Jewish people he did? What about Stalin? Hussein? Vlad (The Impaler) Dracula? The Bubonic Plague? Was God laughing? Was it all a test? Why did (S)He let it happen? And God loves us all? I look at Go as a sick and perverted one living it up playing with our lives. That is one reason why I no longer believe in God. The main reason, however, is because I think it was just some person's explaination of circumstances that just so happened to be written down and believed in (well, that times all religions). I cannot honestly believe in a religion when there are so many, with so many people believing in each one its rediculous, in my mind. It constantly amazes me how many people still believe in a religion in this state of technology and society. They try to bring religion into everything, I think religion belongs in churches and places of worship, not on the streets in front of a cloning facility trying to halt science (metaphorically speaking). Ohh, how I wish I believed...

Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins