Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Coordinate Systems

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on March 31, 2003 13:45:37 UTC

hello Dick,

i'm inquiring from an interested layman's perspective.
permitt a small quote here sir and a question:

"Relativity is based on the idea that all physical phenomena must be independent of the coordinate system used to represent the phenomena (no unique coordinate system exists)."

i believe the coordinate system should be specified as inertial. the point being accelerated frames of reference are not specified in special relativity.

again a small quote:

"Einstein's error (and believe me, it was an error) was when he presumed that "clocks measure time". This error so pervades the field that, even today, no one in the profession of physics will even consider the possibility of error. My defense of the fact that it is an error resides in a very simple statement."

sir, it would appear that time can be reasonably measured in inertial frames of reference.
the measurement of time becomes more complex in accelerated frames.

help me out here, i'm in kinda of deep water...
i checked out your publication, and i find your thoughts very interesting. haven't reached the point of understanding them yet though. gonna have to ponder it a while.

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins