Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
POSITION On "Saddam's Evil Thugs" As Justification

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Residential on March 29, 2003 04:25:35 UTC

Hi Tim
I am trying to examine the evidence you present without emotion clouding me WHILE I am examining it. There is plenty of time for emotion after we look it over.

Tim wrote:
"i think the real villian in this war is Saddam.
he is a hate monger, not unlike Hitler was. religion with him is so high on the list. he uses it to isolate and control the Iraqi people and trys to use it to control the rest of the Arab world while his son rapes and murders."

This may be true -- it has been mentioned quite a bit -- I thought he was rather a Communist.
Have you not heard that Stalin is his hero?

Tim wrote:
" he led his nation to attack a relatively harmless and peaceful neighbor Kuwait."

Iraq still believed Kuwait was their Province 19 because at one time it apparently was...until other countries took it away.

Tim wrote:
"...he used chemical weapons on his own people."

In Iraq, that tragic event was considered an act of putting down insurrection...brutal and directed against civilians, it is unfortunately comparable to the American bombing of cities in the first Persian Gulf War.

"..he uses the word American as if it were a curse word."

This has been poorly publicized. Of course,
you see what we did to their cities in the first war and we also supported sanctions all the years since. I don't like it when folks use the word American as if it were a swear word.
Of course, I don't necessarily use that as a reason to bomb their country.

Tim wrote:
"such a person as this must never have atomic weapon capability."

Sounds okay to me.
Can you reply to what I wrote? I am seeking
precision guidance. I am not sandbagging you
or the American position. But justice is not something we can afford to do with our egos
pumped up. We must continue to consider and
reconsider what we are doing and why so the
force we apply will be applied right
and we won't misapply it too much.

If you believe Iraqis are people just like us
but that they are an oppressed people, it is
probably true they would benefit from being
truly liberated. But I am not sure that is what
the coalition is really doing. We should not
fail to truly liberate them if that is what we
are saying we are doing.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins