Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Thats Pretty Good, Makes Me Wonder If You Know Something I Don`t

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on March 30, 2000 02:54:34 UTC

I understand where you are coming from, I too once atributed all things to god as you do.
The way I view these things now is that even without there being such a thing as god, all things still happen, it is up to the individual what he or she desires to attribute them to.
What I mean is that if you had never even heard of such a concept as god, these things are still experianced by human beings, of course there is then the argument that god does exist and that this is why they are able to experiance these things in life even without knowledge of god.
So for you, it is pleasing in your life to feel how you do about them and in my life it pleases me to view them as coming from a different source which pleases me. Neither detracts from the meaning or essence of the experiance of life.
I see these experiances of compassion, love, and all other emotions, feelings, beliefs, opinions, and occurances as a product of the movement of life, which unfortunately ultimately ends at death for each individual in its own time.
For me the only way you live on is though those you have interacted with, and is strongest in your children because it is a combination of passed on experiance/memories and genes. I guess in the end no one is ever 100% sure if anything such as a supreame being/god exists or not and I wonder if it really even matters one way or the other in the overall flow of human affairs, much more it is sort of the argument of who is right or wrong which seems to be an egotistical pride most if not all human beings seem to share.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins