Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
And "removing Ourselves...and Other Species" Doesn't Bother You?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on March 27, 2003 21:32:01 UTC

I take it back. You don't just hang around weird people. You are weird yourself.
very clever

Mike

Robert Garfinkle, perhaps a fictional character,
wrote:
"I must say, throwing trash on the side of a highway, or dumping in a river etc. is heinously rude. One should not do this, but to say we are destroying the environment is going a bit to far.

The earth, will ALWAYS be able to take care of itself, no matter what we throw at it (just short of everyone blowing up every known nuclear bomb simultaneously) and then I might question it's ability to recover, but I imagine it's chances are pretty good that it would recover just fine.

We stand a greater chance removing ourselves first, and a few other species, by dumping pollutants and chemicals into Earth's atmosphere and lakes/rivers etc., than doing any great damage to Earth as a whole."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins