Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Prediction For The War And The Peace

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 26, 2003 03:09:01 UTC

The war is not going as predicted, especially by Cheney. It was also Cheney that browbeat the Turkey foreign minister, according to Woodward in the Washington Post, that lead to our losing the northern front. What a diplomatic blunder!

And to make it worse, we launch the war without waiting for the third division to get to the south, as they were left in a turkey harbor for 26 days, They still have 10 days of sailing to get the Kuwait.

So we launch a war without overpowering force. The lack of a northern front actually means that a fourth division is required in the south according to my friends in the Kennedy school.

Contrary to Cheney's promises, the Iraqi's are not surrendering in vast numbers like in 91, and the uprising in the south is not going well. My gut feeling is that the CIA pushed for that uprising just to satisfy the American public.

We of course will win the war. Hopefully Saddam will use chemicals and thereby justify what we will eventually have to do. I do think he is stupid as previously stated by me.

But if he is not so dumb, he will just retreat into the cities, well really just Badgag, spelling intentional, as he said he would before the war.

Then Bush and Rumsfeld and Cheney will be faced with the choice of killing coalition troops trying to take the city, and killing lots of civilians in the process; or just level the city ahead of time without lose of much coalition life.

This administration always goes for the short-term gain. So my prediction is that they will level the city.

The consequences are of course disastrous for the peace. Well, the Shi’ites may not mind if all the Sunnis in Baghdad are killed. Actually I will not mind either, as they all want me killed along with all of Israel.

So God in his/her infinite wisdom has appointed Bush to do the dirty work and get the blame for all those miscalculations. This nation will blame it all on the Republicans and elect a Democratic administration, just like last time. And Iraq along with Afghanistan will drain our coffers for years and years.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins