Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Guerrilla War

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on March 25, 2003 00:58:01 UTC

yes this is what i feared would be the result in Afganistan. so far it hasn't turned out that way to the degree that i feared it would.

if i may quote:
"We are more likely to turn friends into enemies"

probably so (Moore's Law, If anything can go wrong it will and at the worst possible time.)

so lets look at how history records the enemy, friendship records of nations a bit.

some good examples, Germany when they were Nazi's were our enemies, so we save them from their selves and they become our friends, well that is until now that their pacifist tendencies have thrust them into a peace and love fest with our other friend France whom we helped save from guess who. of course that small action (the liberation of France from the Nazi's) that was ok. our actions against Iraq, a country which recently invaded a small peacful neighbor and which has used chemical weapons on it's own citizens and which is actively in the process of becoming a nuclear power and which it is claimed has ties to terrorism. well according to France and Germany our actions are not ok.
Now our good friends Russia, well they were great friends just after the fall of the USSR but dreaded enemies before well now they seem to be getting a bit too cozy with Germany and France and not so supportive of us as we'd like
oh yes, Russia during the WWII they were our buddies fighting against you know who.
so hmmm whats next? maybe England will try to take her colonies back :)

so one has to ask what is this all about? my answer, simply power.

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins