Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Interesting Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 24, 2003 13:17:55 UTC

As part of the oral tradition that was finally written down in the Talmud, Moses provided the principles by which the commandments could be modified, changed or eliminated. For example, all of the laws requiring human cleanliness, in the Red Heifer sense, have been eliminated today because a Red Heifer has not existed for well over almost two thousand years and all of us are unclean. Besides the Temple does not exist anyway.

Now I cannot remember the principles. So I cannot say if tattoos would now be acceptable. But since a tattoo makes you unclean, according to scripture, and since we are all unclean, my guess is that a very large number of the 613 commandments can be eliminated, including the tattoo one.

By the way, one of the ways to eliminate all the commandments is for the Messiah to come and give us new ones. Christianity is correct in this sense, except that Jesus said apecifically that we have to keep all the old commandments, plus a few others like 'love your enemy' that he introduced.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins