Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
And So It Goes...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on March 23, 2003 04:53:23 UTC

That would make sense (what you stated above). As far as I know, the opposite occured as well:

The order of Judaic Faith (as I am told):

1. Orthodox
2. Reform
3. Conservative

That the orthodox broke off into reform, but then conservative came along. More of a mixture between orthodox & reform.

I am of the reform branch.

As for me personally, though I am not orthodox, I do not feel, as a 'reformer', that I see GOD in a different light than an orthodox Jew.

With respect to heaven/hell well, in earlier posts, I have conveyed the viewpoint that I directly believe in, which has a 'Judaic' tendency to it.

And It Is This:

I believe that there are three stages to life to some degree. Most people think of our 'life' and the 'afterlife' (just two), whereas I see a so-called 'before life' too (For a complete picture).

But before I continue, I must say that any of these described 'stages' are really viewed with respect to 'living' life and not a spiritual 'before' or 'after' life.

Before we are born, we come into existence by virtue of our parents/relatives/parent's friends thoughts. Their hopes and wishes, that the life (me/you) that they are going to bring into this world, will be happy and healthy and be fruitful. So, I think, a person's spirit (being) (in a sense) begins 'before' (this is what I mean) they are actually born. This to me is the actual birth of 'one's soul'. But remember, it is really, in reality, only in peoples minds and hearts.

Then you are born, and 'you' take it from there. The things you do, the people you touch and affect, during the course of 'your' life, paves the way as to whether people will remember you as being a good person or bad, when you die.

Then you die, and the people who are left here on earth, will believe in their hearts and minds, that 'you' went to heaven or hell based on how you intereacted with all who have remained behind.

Memories (The true essence of afterlife):

The more memories you infect during the course of your life, is the sum of memories who will reflect the person 'who you were' when you were alive. And how people carry the 'memory of you' is what people really invision as 'the afterlife'.

Because I believe, simply, that what we witness now: Birth/Life/Death is exactly what it is, no more and no less.

And so it goes...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins