Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
One Possibility Is That It Has A New Kind Of Charge

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 23, 2003 03:12:07 UTC

That is what Tim mentioned. In my prior post I had mentioned that there may be a new charge C in the universe that can be plus or minus for which like charges attract. Mass behaves like that except that mass as a charge is only plus.

So the hypothesis is that all things possess this charge. Miso, being almost a living thing, possesses more of it than inert substances.

Tim was commenting that at first in chemistry they teach you that unlike charges attract. But then as you get to higher level courses it turns out that substances tend to coalesce much more than what could be expected from mass and gravity alone.

In the chem courses they try to explain it as a diple effect, but the explanation according to Tim is not all that believable. So he and I wonder if it is a manisfestation of this new charge.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins