Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's Easy To Say

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on March 22, 2003 14:11:32 UTC

at least i'd like to think that in the event that freedom of choice, enforced by others, is taken away then it is time to do or die, but not fool heartedly. so my answer would be yes it would be selfish to take ones own life but it would not be selfish to give it in a risky attempt to continue to live in freedom. if one had at least the degree of choice to take ones own life, it would seem there would be other options the enforcers would have overlooked.

i've known people with the when my number comes up it's my time to go mentality. i don't buy it.
i'm with you, caution is an element of wisdom.

however a mentality like Evil Kinevel who when asked if he wasn't worried about dying in a stunt he was about to undertake replied "what does it matter i'm going to do it anyway." i think that is how one needs to appoach irrational fear, take a deep breath and do it anyway.

courage in all things is the mark of a man even if his knees are knocking.

cheers, tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins