Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Is Cloning Morally Ethical?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil. O. Sofir on January 19, 1999 12:44:46 UTC

: It take two too make a child, a family to raise one. Your cloned child will have to live their lives with different sets of conditions that will not at all resemble yours. Their reality will definetly be distinctly their own. The child could look like you, but in the end, they won't be you. Is it vanity?

: Ethical? Personally, I think it's nuts. I have two daughters from natural processes. I accept them the way they came out of my wife's womb, flaws and all.

: Tön

Yes, that is what I am saying, the new person would be unique in experiance, and if it is vanity, then it is natures vanity to want to reproduce, twins comes closest to this as genetic exact copies, of course, if cloned, I would have to raise the child and be the parent. To me it would be an issue of mutiplying what nature does itself, and is in my opinion, morally ethical in itself, but the uses humankind puts to this ability could be immoral or unethical.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins