Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
In Chemistry Studies

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on March 21, 2003 16:03:18 UTC

i was struck by what seemed an anomaly. one of the first things you learn is how opposite charges attract and like charges repel. this of course has to do with positive protons, negative electrons and then dipolar nature of molecules where in separation of charge affords the opportunity for dipoles to line up with other dipoles according to the attraction, repulsion rule of charge.
but soon after learning this scenerio we were taught how like substances tend to attract. of course now the discussion shifts from microscopic phenomenon to macroscopic phenomenon. and much of this can be understood by considering the dipolar nature of the molecules that make up these "pools" of like subtances (such as liquids, metals and gases). of course additionaly stochiometric consdierations of geometry of the molecules also contributes to "birds of a feather tend to flock together" phenomenon.
i guess i'm rambling but the apparent anomaly in thinking is what interested me when i considered your statement below:

"Others in the quantum consciousness community suggest that there is an actaul charge C of consciousness, and some think of it as plus or minus, where like C charges attract and unlike C repel. Therefore, the like charges naturally collect in the same places, like in Dark Matter. Some galaxies would have all plus charges of consciousness and other galaxies all minus"

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins