Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Like It

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 21, 2003 14:23:34 UTC

Tim,

I particularly like the part about the singularity of supermassive black holes. The implication is that this is the seat of God.

Since the singularity contains the completely ordered unified field, eastern thought, especially as expressed by the Maharishi of TM would agree that it is God. And even Smolin has suggested that black hole singilarities are the source of baby universes. God as creator of new universes. [But it seems that Smolin is now trying to remove himself from such thinking]. The picture of Vishnu creating universes from his nose in the Sri Bagavatum is consistent with black hole creation.

I like the idea that any quantity like charge has both a plus and a minus, which then becomes a metaphor for good and evil; and in accordance with the thinking of the Russians Boris Isakov and Anatoly Ohatim, as well as the American Father Jerome, the metaphor has a scientific basis that relates to good and evil.

The plus/minus is the ancient yin/yang principle. It implies the desirability of the center where yin and yang are balanced, where there is stillness, presumably.

But I take exception to the statement that everything has a plus and a minus. At first the metaphor of the tornado or hurricane with a quiet center seemed exceptional [in the actual maening of the word exception] for the winds speed was a plus on both sides. But this is resolved if we treat yin and yang as a vector quantity. The winds on both sides are opposite, one yin and one yang, yet the same. Its just like EPR particle pair production. Out of pure energy comes opposite pairs: e.g., electron/positron pairs- matter and anti-matter, all the same except for the value of its charge.

But this metaphor does not apply to the fundamental force of the universe, gravity. Mass is entirely positive and attractive. There is anti-matter but no anti-mass. That is what allows black holes to exist. And so if we pursue the idea of God as the black hole singularity, then he/she effects the whole galaxy swirling around him/her via gravity and mass. The metaphor then becomes God as mass or matter. Its charge may be plus or minus, matter or anti-matter, good or evil, but fundamentally God as mass incorporates both good and evil. Both matter and anti-matter disappear in the black hole singularity. Yet its mass is retained, and according to Poisson, multiplied.

Jung essentially put forth the idea of a fundamental God incorporating both Good and Evil, whose interaction then brings forth everything else, in his little book "Seven Sermons from the Dead". [Well. I think that is its name- but I have a lousy memory].

So we can justifiably and scientifically define God as all the mass of the universe, which is realized in its quiet essence in the singularities of black holes. That of course is not the only possible scientific definition of God. But it is nevertheless a rather good (and evil) one, pun intended.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins