Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Is The Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 21, 2003 13:44:49 UTC

Here is the question

"Open up your heart an tell me YOUR truth, do you believe that you are "smarter" than humans from one thousand years ago? Then, tell me if you feel "dumber" than the future human race of the year 3000 ."

And here is your answer:

"I think we are talking about something
that matters and that I did answer your question
as first posed."

Here is the first time the question was asked

"QUESTION: Do you HONESTLY believe that you are more informed about life, than someone from 2500 years ago?"

And here is your first answer:

"We have available to me the writings of several cultures of that period whose work may have been unknown to one another.
This alone gives me some chance of being more informed."

---------------------

So lets look at who is lying.

Your first answer comes close to the question. but it does not say what you BELIEVE.

Now we do agree that the second question, which appears at the top of this post, is different from the first one posed by Ted. However, you completely avoided answering that question. The question is if you BELIEVE you are smarter than the ancients or dumber than those in the future.

Now these are difficult questions than require real integrity to answer. The fact that you avoided a direct answer to each question is a measure of your integrity.

I think it is because you cannot stand to be dumber than anyone else.

So to be fair I will do what you never and answer the question directly. I sincerely believe that I am dumber than the smartest ancients, but more informed than they are. As well I am dumber than the smartest people in the future and less informed as well, assuming people still exist then.

Now I compare myself to the smartest because the writings that come down to us are by and large produced by the smartest ancients, and there is ample evidence for me to ascertain that they are much smarter than I.

You just cannot admit anybody is smarter than you. Your avoidance of the questions proves that. That is the basis of your illness. You do not have a realistic appraisal of your self.

Now just for completeness. I do not claim to be smarter than you. I do claim to be better informed than you on physics due to a vastly better education than you have had to opportunity to get.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins