Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think You Are Right

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 11, 2003 20:43:47 UTC

With regard to the big crunch, that is. You need to get to the singularity to change the laws of physics or their constants and therefore explore all the possibilities. If Steinhardt's crunch only goes to the electro-weak level, the laws of physics and the constants will not change and essentially the same kind of universe will emerge each time.

However, you seem to think that I am a research scientist who cannot dream. Wrong on both counts. I am not, and some might say I never was, a research scientist, though I made a bundle of money pretending to be one. So I and most people who contribute to forums like this one are just dreamers. But the world needs dreamers too, like me, like you.

Yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins