Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Big Bangs And Big Crunches...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on March 11, 2003 10:32:37 UTC

i dont believe these necessarily to be of diametric relation with reference to a single repeating or retroverse sequence by which the universe is controlled or is confined within. it would seem that if the cyclical pulsation (expansion/contraction) of the universe were the foundation to the evolution of the universe, then there would be no real eternity and there would a sort of incongruence between what is lawfully possible and what is physically possible. for instance if the universe just kept expanding and contracting, the same bodies of matter and dimensions could only "forever" exist. while the infinite possibilities could never get a chance because of the actualized possibilities that are trapped by the overall repeated and "static" process (start to finish). it would also raise the dilemma of where did it all come from, what was before the primacy and what is after the extremity.
it would seem to me that "constant change" may be more rational, meaning, all i can concluded from anything ive ever heard is that theres always something more. further, absolute beginning and end although, apparent at casual glance have never been proved rather been consistenly disproved.

big bangs though may be part of the process, it may just be a momentous shift within the gradual shift, or may just be that all universal evolution is constant and appears momentous "at times" via time warping. like vidoetaping a flower bloom over days and then watching the same sequence in super fast forward. what is gradual, seems an explosion. but still it is caused by before and followed by after, thats the only eternity i can imagine thuis far.

peace

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins