Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Astigmatism Kept Me Out Of West Point

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 28, 2003 13:27:55 UTC

However, I spent my entire carrer working for the Army, Navy and Air Force. Btw- I had the highest marks ever on the Connecticut Academy intelligence test. And I nearly broke the West Point fitness record. It was held by the WWII half back whose name I forgot- weak memory as well as weak eyes. Oh. I ended up going to college in NY where in 1959 I was the New York State javelin champion. I tell you this just to rub it in. Then in 1989 I was the 5th ranked race walker over 50 in the world, and got the Gold Medal in the 20K race walk at the World Veteran games. Mike- there is no comparison between you and me. You are a relative nothing whereas I have always been the best at everthing I tried to do, except for physics. While at Harvard, I found out that it's full of geniuses at least in the Physics dept. Still I got straight A's in my Doctor's program and won the Raytheon Fellowship which allowed me to go to school while getting a full time salary and tuition and books. So go crawl back into your hole.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins