Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Oh, Pooh

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on February 28, 2003 10:41:35 UTC

Comparing Yanniru's post with mine at
http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/25260.shtml, at first I might almost agree.
But consider:
1) My post asked questions; Yanniru answered
them only by writing,"What's your point?"
They were QUESTIONS. I didn't make a point.
The TRUTH would be a good answer. But as they say,"In war, the TRUTH is the first casualty."
Yanniru provided propaganda, not truth.
2) My motives are purely pro-American. Unlike Yanniru, I do not call Saddam Hussein "practical and intelligent." I do not know much about him but I know that he is a big fan of Joseph Stalin.
3) My comparisons are reasonable to ask. This is an astronomy forum, not a war dance forum. This is a place for the hard questions and the big picture, however disturbing. Surely anyone who is truly an astronomer at heart can see the big picture must be looked at without any falsification. Yanniru's comparisions between Hussein and Osama Bin Laden/Adolf Hitler are not historically revealing in the way he used them. They are propaganda ....they are not commentary to be digested by anyone who knows much about history.
4) My questions have still not been answered. Why not? Do you simply not KNOW the answers? Yanniru partially answered them, in a way. He said he is personally loyal to the Bush family -- for a past favor to himself personally. I have received no such past favor. So my loyalty is
to the U.S. Constitution under which I perceive a duty to ask pertinent questions.
5) If I believed my country had a shortage of ham-headed propaganda (and needed it), I would supply it, as Yanniru has.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins