Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Dont

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 25, 2003 15:47:23 UTC

ive done the research, over years and years of gathering information and comparing ideas and talking with people and hearing their take. this is all part of the process. books are written by people, people are the only way to understand something and give it a human perspective.
i dont save and photocopy everything ive ever read or heard, so i cant recall it verbatum write it down later on because someone has a different opinion. id have a minivan full of documents and phone numbers.

and as far as opinions go, everyones got one and it IS imporrtant to understand how that person came to that conclusion. if someone knows better, its his/her duty as good person to take the time to correct the mistaken. im always available tolearn. ihavent attacked anyone, or been abrasive, no one has any reason to be put off by me.

"youre wrong" or "youre stupid" or "youre just jealous, paranoid, etc." this is not the way to deal with anyone. those kinds of assertion actually sound jealous paranoid and coming from stupidity or anger. but how would i know, unless im willing to listen and understand. the truth is "what is" not "what you wish". you cant wish for rain, if you could there wouldve been a patent on it by now. but you can understand how rain is created and embark (hopefully responsibly) on a method that will yeild rain. actually it seems hollywood has already done that.

all opinions are based on imcomplete facts, hence the dialogue and sharing amongst people. we try to fill the missing spaces. but that requires people ready to change his/her opinion. im not saying, "hey this the truth, theres no way around it" if someone could explain why certain ideas are not valid rather than insisting iprove myself (as i dont make these things up nor do iattest to the infalliibility of the source) and asserting the opposite without support for their own arguments. and there is always support for each side, hence its survival as point of disagreement or discussion. but then sometimes people take on this my team against your team attitude, as if there is no right or wrong, just competition forthe saking of beating the other guy and feeling like the winner. but that feeling is about as old to me as my 19th birthday, beating someone up is not a good feelingfor me. getting beat up is worse.

peace

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins