Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Christian World View.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by H on January 14, 1999 16:00:30 UTC

: The Christian worldview is verified to the highest : level of certainty possible by historical, legal, : scientific, and rational evidence. Christianity : is the only religion that is grounded on historical : facts; facts that can be checked out. It alone, among : the worlds religions, can verify its truth-claims : with concrete, objective, and nonbiblical evidence.

There are no specifics in the above paragraph, but I'll go ahead and interject some. The burning bush, the whale, and almost all of Genesis. If you believe science backs up these passages, we are so far off in our thinking we should just end the debate now. I sugges the only thing that backs up biblical passages like these are the passages themselves. It is only verfified by historical writings. But let us not forget, the Koran states that Mohammed assended into Heaven on a winged white horse. This to a non-muslim seems rediculous. However it is written, it is history. But is it true? By your own arguments a Muslim could claim it to be true because there is historical evidence. For it is written, so it must be true? I suggest not. My question to you is this, are you a fundamentalist who takes the bible's words to there exact meaning and literal interpretation? If the answer is yes, you are a minority within your own religon. Most Christians are not fundamentalists.

H

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins